Deputy Store Manager – Menswear
Salary: £25,000 - £27,500 per annum + Pension + Bens
Permanent position – Ilkley or Cleckheaton
What we do:
We’re a busy and growing independent menswear retailer and due to expansion, we are looking for a Menswear Deputy Store Manager to join our existing team at our new Ilkley or Cleckheaton store.
Founded in 2009, Joshua Adams Menswear has built a solid platform of outstanding customer service in men's suiting, smart and everyday casual. With core values at the heart of everything we do, developed by the existing team, now is an exciting time to join us on our journey as we deliver our ambitious growth plans to be Yorkshires largest independent menswear specialist.
Summary of the role:
- You’ll play a key role within the development of the store. Working closely with the Store Manager, deputising in their absence, on all aspects of retailing to maximise sales and profits within the store promoting an exciting and energetic atmosphere for customers.
- As part of a team, you’ll promote the brand and through developing a loyal customer base work on increasing turnover to a sustainable level.
- Work with the Store Manager on the shopfloor layout, stock replenishment, window, and other merchandising activities coordinating with seasonal and relevant trends.
- There will be some reporting tasks ensuring these are timely and in line with the store predetermined forecasts.
- As the store grows, you’ll be dealing with and managing forward order customers for all hire wear / retail customers for weddings and other occasions. This includes managing wearers, liaising with all the party and party lead ensuring all garments are ready and prepared in time for date of wear as agreed on order.
- Day to day activities will include dealing with customers who visit the store for general purchases, ensuring they receive the best experience by all staff.
- Processing end of day cashing up, handling of daily cash and debit/credit card receipts from customer payments.
What we are looking for:
- Experienced Deputy Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, from a men’s suiting background. (Essential).
- You’ll be customer service-focussed and results-driven whilst managing and balancing the demands of a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll listen to customer requirements and the community as the store develops its offering, whilst understanding the requirements of store profitability.
- You’ll have excellent communications with customers and other members of staff within head office, assisting others to make sure that the store runs smoothly, is well stocked and customer enquiries and queries are dealt with effectively.
- You’ll be able to roll up your sleeves whilst balancing priorities to any forward orders.
- Most of all you’ll be passionate about retail and bring your knowledge and experience of this sector to all aspects of the role.
What we are offering:
- £25,000 - £27,500 per annum depending on experience.
- A full time permanent employment contract, minimum of 39 hours contract. (Part time opportunities may be available for exceptional candidates.)
- Training, development and progression as the business grows, potential to manage multiple stores.
- Company pension.
- 28 days holiday.
- Free parking and in-store discounts.
Now’s an exciting time to join us!
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
Click the link to apply